Agathonisi: 16 dead refugees it was not an accident it was a crime, protest on Wednesday 04/04 at 6:30pm, Syntagma Square, Athens, Greece.
Note: Enough is Enough is not organizing any of these events, we are publishing this text for people across the US and Europe to be able to see what is going on and for documentation only.
#RefugeesGR Demonstration in Athens: Agathonisi – 16 dead refugees it was not an accident it was a crime
Demonstration at Syntagma square, Athens, Greece on Wednesday April 4, 2018, 18:30 (06:30pm).
16 people could have been saved if …
On March 16, 16 refugees drowned outside Agathonisi after the shipwreck that carried them sunk. These 16 people could have been saved …
• if the harbors in Samos had heard the calls for help from the relatives of the shipwreckers, who had been notified by phone, from the morning of March 16
• if the harbors did not ignore the whole day the cries of relatives’ fear of death,
• if the shipwreckers were not left alone to fight the sea for 24 hours,
• if the harbors had shown minimal interest and the port facility rescued with a delay of 24 hours, on March 17,
• if the life of the refugees was not considered as cheap by those “responsible”
• if the EU-Greece-Turkey shameful agreement was not a mechanism that always produces death, pain and barbarism.
16/3/2018 It was not an accident, it was a crime by harbour authorities
Fortress Europe is killing
Αναμέτρηση – ομάδα κομμουνιστών/στριων
Δίκτυο Κοινωνικής Υποστήριξης Προσφύγων και Μεταναστών
Κίνηση Απελάστε τον Ρατσισμό
Νοταρά 26 – Κατάληψη Στέγης Προσφύγων/Μεταναστών
Χώρος Στέγασης Προσφύγων City Plaza
Keep Enough is Enough going! Support the Enough is Enough project: https://enoughisenough14.org/help-maintain-our-site-and-continue-our-work-donate-2/