This article with a summary of the repression in Nantes and the ZAD replaces the previous one (published 18/04/18).
Note: Enough is Enough is not organizing any of these events, we are publishing this text for people across the US and Europe to be able to see what is going on and for documentation only.
Read all our articles about ZAD here.
Legal Team: Quick summary of the repression in Nantes and the ZAD NDDL since April 9, 2018
This article replaces the previous one (published 18/04/18).
Attention this crosses the information that has reached the Legal, so it surely lacks information.
If you go out, or have friends coming out of custody do not forget to call back!
Detailed reports of the hearings will follow in the coming days.
The Legal Team always has the same number 0033 06 75 30 95 45
ARRESTS ON THE ZAD FROM 9/04/18 TO 17/04/18
60 arrests among which:
– 9 are reported road checks for which we have not heard from the people since
– 6 beatings (4 of which we have no news)
– 7 in custody where people are released without consequences
– 3 people summoned to court in the coming months
– 6 immediate trials (already passed)
– 14 people picked up by the military police with no news
ARRESTS ON NANTES THE 14/04/18
26 arrests among which:
– 2 in custody where people were released without consequences
– 6 people summoned to court in the coming months
– 7 immediate trials (16/04 and 17/04)
– 2 minors passed before the juvenile judge on 16/04
– 8 people who were picked up by military police but of whom we have no news
IMMEDIATE TRIALS OF 11 APRIL 2018 IN NANTES
F. passed for destruction of property by fire and refusal of alcohol test following the protest of 9 April in Nantes. He refused the immediate trial.
He is under judicial control (duty of care and checkup at police station once a week) until May 9 (day of his trial)
IMMEDIATE TRIALS OF 16 APRIL 2018 AT NANTES
President: LEHORS Rémi
Ass: ROUILLON Véro and BAUFRETON Catherine
Prosecutor: LECAT Pierre
J. arrested April 13 in Vigneux for violence with a weapon in a gang on cops that got “temporary incapacity for work” which is not exceeding 8 days, refusal of giving DNA and fingerprints
Victim: SELLALI Icham
REFUSES IMMEDIATE APPEARANCE in court: continued detention until trial May 18
L. arrested on the 14th at the protest in Nantes for violence against persons in charge of public authority (O day of temporary incapacity for work) and concealed face.
Victim: VITRY Karl
REFUSES IMMEDIATE APPEARANCE in court: placed under judicial control (ban from the city Nantes) until his trial on May 23
E. arrested on the 14th at the protest in Nantes for violence against persons holding public authority.
Victim: MOROY Fred
RENDERED: GUILTY: 6 months of prison with suspended sentence + “Criminal record B2” + has to pay 150 € + 500 € damage and interest to the cop (article 475-1)
P. arrested on the 14th at the protest in Nantes for violence against persons in charge of the public authority (0 days of temporary incapacity for work).
Victim: ROBBE François
RENDERED: GUILTY: 5 months of prison with suspended sentence + banned from the district Loire Atlantique for 6 months + 2×150 € + 500 € damages (for the cop article 475-1)
L. arrested on the 14th at the protest in Nantes for violence against persons holding public authority. The facts are requalified in throwing projectiles.
Victim: ROY Patrick
RENDERED: GUILTY: 5 months of prison with suspended sentence + 127 € court fees
Y. arrested on the 14th at the protest in Nantes for violence against persons holding public authority, throwing projectile.
Victim: DUCHEIN JP
REFUSES IMMEDIATE APPEARANCE in court: placed under judicial control (banned from the district Loire Atlantique) until his trial on May 24th.
A. Arrested on the 14th at the protest in Nantes for rebellion and violence against persons in charge of public authority, throwing projectile and concealed face.
Victims: BOUTILLIER Nico + DEBRUGE Emmanuel
REFUSED IMMEDIATE APPEARANCE in court: placed under judicial control (banned from the district Loire Atlantique) until his trial on May 22nd. The court grants the request for additional information (video)
IMMEDIATE TRIALS FROM APRIL 17, 2018 AT SAINT NAZAIRE
President: DUPIRE Pierre
Assesseurs: SAINT RAMON Hélène and FERALI Dominique
Solicitor: CANOVAS LAGARDE Sylvie
Case 1: E. Arrested on April 13 for aggravated violence by 3 circumstances inflecting temporary incapacity for work of less than 3 days to the cops
Civil parties: CAMUS Sylvain, PATTYNE Maxime
GUILTY: 4 months of prison with suspended sentence + 140h of TIG (slavery) within the next 18 months + 500 € for the cops for damages (or 1000 €) + 800 € (damages and interest under Article 475-1) + banned from the district Loire Atlantic + Obligation of re-education
Case 2: L. arrested on April 15 for aggravated violence by 3 circumstances inflecting temporary incapacity for work of less than 3 days and violence against persons holding public authority
Civil Parties: BRILLAND Anthony, FONTEIX William, GRAND René, LEPAUX Sébastien, LESUEUR Yoan
REFUSES THE IMMEDIATE APPEARANCE in court: Placed under judicial control until his trial on May 24. in “Bois Guillaume”. banned from the district Loire Atlantique except for his studies. Imposed daily visits to the police station.
L. arrested on April 15 for aggravated violence by 3 circumstances with inflecting temporary incapacity of less than 3 days and violence against persons holding public authority and refusal of DNA and fingerprints
O. arrested on April 15 for violence aggravated by 3 circumstances with inflecting temporary incapacity of less than 3 days and violence on persons depositaries of the public authority and transport of dangerous substance and incendiary product
N. arrested on April 15 for violence aggravated by 3 circumstances with inflecting temporary incapacity of less than 3 days and violence on persons depositaries of the public authority and having a knife on him.
All 3 Victims (same sentence for all): 8 months of prison with suspended sentence + banned from the district Loire Atlantique for 18 months.
The question of damages is returned to the “civil interest” as of June 28, 2018.
IMMEDIATE TRIALS OF 17 APRIL 2018 IN NANTES
Q. was arrested on 15/04 on the Zad, for violence against anyone holding public authority (without temporary incapacity for work). He accepts the immediate appearance.
RENDERED: GUILTY: 8 firm months and 5 years ban in the Loire Atlantique. Without a deposit warrant. The sentence will be applied in Belgium.
J. was arrested on 14/04 at the demonstration in Nantes, around 19h by the Bac. He is judged for contempt, rebellion, violence against anyone with public authority and apology for terrorism. He accepts the immediate appearance.
RENDERED: GUILTY: 12 months in prison including 6 suspended sentence (EMS). The probation includes obligations of care, work and home. He leaves with a deposit warrant.
IMMEDIATE TRAILS OF 18 APRIL 2018 IN NANTES
A. was arrested on 16/04 on the ZAD, around noon on the chemin de Suez. He goes to court for violence against a person who has the public authority and refuses to file.
He refuses an immediate trial. And is placed in detention until his trial on May 9, 2018.
F. was arrested on 16/04 on the ZAD. He is judged for violence against a person in charge of the public authority (3 days of temporary incapacity for work), insults, rebellion and carrying of category D weapon. He recognizes the carrying of weapon and accepts the immidiate trial.
RENDERED: GUILTY: 8 months of prison (without a deposit warrant), 5 years of bannishments of the district of Loire Atlantique, 700 € + 600 € damages for the cop (art 575-1)
RECAP OF THE FUTURE TRIALS AND CUMULATION OF PENALTIES AS AT APRIL 19
Upcoming trials :
– April 24th 2 reminders to the law after the protest of April 3rd in Nantes
– 9th May 14h in Nantes: referral of 2 refusals for immediate trial (18/04/18: A. and F)
– 17 May 14h in Nantes: referral of a refusal for immediate trial (17/04/18: J)
– May 18 at 14h in Saint Nazaire: referral of a refusal for immediate trial (17/04/18: J)
– 22 May at 14h in Nantes: referral of a refusal for immediate trial (16/04/18: A)
– 23 May at 14h in Nantes: referral of a refusal for immediate trial (16/04/18: L)
– May 24 14h in Nantes: referral of 3 refusals for immediate trial (16/04/18: A and Y and A 17/04/18)
– June 29 at 2 pm in Saint Nazaire: a person summoned to court
– July 3 at 14h in Saint Nazaire: a person summoned to court for violence and refusal of filing fingerprints and picture (arrested on April 11 on the ZAD)
– July 6 at 14h in Nantes (children’s court): a person summoned for attempted burglary and refusal of filing fingerprints and picture and DNA (arrest at the protest of 14/04 in Nantes)
– September 18 at 14h in Nantes: 2 or 3 people summoned to court for the protest of 14/04 in Nantes
– September 24 at 14h in Nantes: 1 person summoned to court for the demonstration of 14/04 in Nantes
That is 2 reminders to the law, 9 referalled from refuse of immidiate trials, 5 or 6 summons and 1 trial for a minor.
SMALL ACCOUNTING OF THE REPRESSION
Preventive confinement: 32 days + 1 month + 21 days or 83 days total
Prison sentenced: 8 months + 6 months (deposit mandate) + 8 months or 22 months total
prison with suspended sentence: 4 months + 8 months + 8 months + 8 months + 6 months + 5 months + 5 months + 6 months or 50 months total
So 4 people are currently in prison
In suspended sentence: 200 €
Damages and interests: 1800 € + 500 € + 1500 € + 700 € + 600 € or 4100 € total
Legal costs: 150 €
Judicial Control: 37 days + 37 days or 74 days total
TIG (forced work aka slavery): 140h
Banned from the territory: 2 years + 37 days + 18 months +18 months + 18 months + 37 days + 6 months + 5 years + 5 years or 17 years 2 months and 13 days total
obligation of re-education: 1
… and relaxes: 1
We have some messages and remarks in bulk to send you
– When you say that you are there by chance and that you just saw the protest pass by: no prohibition of territory
– The judge is the president of the court and he is known to be severe
– The persons who had sufficient guarantees of representation (see specific article) and refuse the immediate trials are not sent in detention before their lawsuit for and to say that one lives on the ZAD and one is domiciled by an association does not work to avoid the preventive confinement.
– The Prosecutor speaks about the National Police with a WE. He makes big speeches on the sacking of Nantes. Spread over the political context, he names many unrelated and very old facts (Labor Law, …)
– 8 CRS (police officers) came into the room to hear about the reports and sentencing
– REMINDER: Immediate trial can be refused when one is in court before the judges, at the beginning of the hearing, at the time the court will decide on the release or preventive detention (hence the interest of having papers which proves to him that one is a good and nice person)
– In court, we have the right to remain silent, to answer questions or to make statements.
– It seems that since the beginning of the events of “the labor law” they play the penalty “fixed package” and this time it is 8 months of jail …
– The courts have instructions for the judges and procecutor, even if they find inconsistencies in the cases, they condemn to fixed prison sentences.
– A cop pretends to be 2 different people as a civil party!
– The temporary incapacity for work that the cops state do not correspond to the alleged facts (like the injury is not where the hit by projectile was taken) but the person is still found guilty.
– There are many inconsistencies on the material evidence (clothes, objects, heads, …)
– To justify a passage for immediate trial the motive of the custody of a person was changed thanks to a phone call between the Chief officer and the Procecutor.
– The keufs are reluctant to report to the court their own videocontent to pass videos as proof.
– In the courtrooms there are really a lot of cops from different sections (Bac (criminal brigades), RG (infiltrators, intelligence agency), CRS (riot police), …)
– The military police can see through the clouds of teargasses!
– The prosecutor on a immidiate trial reused a lot the remarks held in custody and in particular the political remarks.
Call-out: to people who take pictures *. If you have images of arrests and the context before, can you contact us on email@example.com because the cops make a lot of false statements and it can help for the lawsuits. Mention the date, time and places for which you have images.
In particular, we are looking for images of the following two moments:
– behind the barricade of lascar (ZAD) for an arrest on Friday, April 13 at 6:40,
– in front of the Barricade de Lascar on Sunday 15/04 at 19h20-19h50.
– The first week of the evictions on the ZAD the military police were mostly in “advance demolitions” mode, this week they were much more focused on making arrests, pay attention to yourself and your compas.
– The military police often makes the strategy of generating a riot at one place to occupy the defenders and do something else further without being bothered. This is what happens when they kept us bussy at the barricade of Lascar without really doing anything.
– On the twitter account of the national military police one can find press releases and information on the state of the situation at la ZAD and the arrests made.
– At Nantes on saturday for the protest there were 40 cops from the criminal brigade of Rennes as reinforcement and cops were seen wandering before the protest with trombinoscopes (folder with pictures of faces of people).
– Really try to have guarantees of representation (see article on zad.nadir) or tell your friends where they are.
– If you can come to the area with the copies and not the originals of your permits, ID cards, … because the cops play at stealing our bags.
film the cops especially and try not to make incriminating images of the compas.
Enough is Enough: We did some on the ground reporting in France over the past weekend. Soon we will be back in France. But we need your support to finance it. Travel expenses to France etc. Here is how you can support our work: https://enoughisenough14.org/help-maintain-our-site-and-continue-our-work-donate-2/. You can also support our new crowdfunding campaign (click at the image below)
New shirts and other stuff in the Enough is Enough shop. Support our work. Click here.