Invitation/ Call for Participants for Anarchist Days 20-20 (Jornadas Anarquistas 20-20), July 13-19, 2020 in Mexico City, Mexico.
Originally published by Its Going Down.
Anarchist Days 20-20
Jornadas Anarquistas 20-20
July 13-19, 2020
Mexico City, Mexico
Invitation/ Call for Participants:
After various attempts to break with the endogamy of our collectives, of trying and failing to move beyond merely interpreting the works of classical anarchists, we have decided to launch this call. Our objective is to meet others and exchange experiences, skills, ideas and dreams; to return anarchism to the streets and incorporate it into everyday life.
Now, more than ever, we want to see this society go up in flames. We need to get together, to advance from the lessons we have learned, to listen to each other without arrogance or submission. In this vein, this call for a week of “Anarchist Days” seeks to turn our focus and energy to the practices and resistances of everyday life; the spaces where subversive ideas and practices germinate.
We hope that wherever this call reaches, there will be a response because the fury and fire know no borders. We also want to be clear that homophobes, sexists, machos, racists, fascists, government affiliates, etc. are not welcome.
Location: The activities will be held in different movement spaces in Mexico City throughout the week. TBA.
Possible Topics/ Themes:
1) Sexual Dissidence
– Integral Sexual Education
– Anti-gynecology, Magic and Alternative Medicine
– Disobedient, Hysterical and Non-conforming bodies
– Patriarchal Violence
– Affective Bonds
2) Tactics of Resistance
– Direct Action
– Neighborhood Organizing
– Anarchist Education
– Revolution in the 21 Century
– Dissident Mobilities
– Anti-capitalist Self-organization
3) State Repression
– Political Prisoners
– Legal Support
– What to do when detained
– Anti-Police Organizing
– Resistance to Surveillance
4) Solidarity and Mutual Aid
– International Solidarity
– Experiences of Anarchist Struggle from Other Geographies
– Solidarity with Indigenous Communities/ Neighborhoods Attacked by the State
– Mutual Aid in Times of Disaster
– Mutual Aid with Migrants
5) Anarchist Arts and Media
– Graffiti/ Stencil
– Graphics (Engraving, Silk screening)
– Digital Security
6) Radical Ecologies
– Urban Gardening
– Land Restoration
– Food Autonomy
– Resistance Against Megaprojects
– Subversive Self-cultivation (cannabis and others)
- December 20, 2019 to January 31, 2020 (Proposals for topics and themes)
- December 20, 2019 to April 30, 2020 (Proposals for workshops, activities, discussions, presentations, actions, etc.)
- June 20, 2020 (Final program to be released)
- July 13-19, 2020 (J)anarquistas20-20
Contact and Information:
Support Enough 14!
Donation for our work in the Enough 14 info-café and our independent reporting on our blog and social media channels. Even 1€ can make a difference.
Enough 14 needs your support! Read here how and why:
Keep the Enough 14 blog and the Enough 14 Info-Café going. You can do that with a donation here, or by ordering stickers, posters, t-shirts , hoodies or one of the other items here or click at the image below.