Nantes. France. This Saturday, January 16 in Nantes, the first day of a curfew, reintroduced in an authoritarian country.
- More than 5000 people in the streets to defend fundamental rights.
- In spite of the omnipresent humidity, a long, crowded and plural demonstration.
- A very energetic front at the demonstration, which has put the big repressive device in difficulty on several occasions, following police provocations on the sides.
- The heart of the demonstration with sound trucks and hundreds of people dancing in this mobile free party in the center of the city.
- The CRS and BAC taking colors
- Long confrontations and charges in front of the prefecture. Several arrests. Many grenades and water cannons.
- Rainbow umbrellas and demonstrators who do not back down.
- An intense but short demonstration, because the music trucks could not get through the thick tear gas cloud that was permanently fired between Erdre and the Prefecture.
A large, determined demonstration against the government’s repressive measures. This day of mobilization has illustrated a slogan that was seen in the early afternoon: “2021,will be mutinous”.
To be continued!
Images by Noxriane, Jah, Nilsdenechere, Labornez, Csolennee, 3.Triangle, Thomas.streetphoto, Marion Lopez, Estelle Ruiz
Keep the Enough 14 blog and the Enough 14 Info-Café (now more than ever, we need a new space) going. You can do that with a donation here, or by ordering stickers, posters, t-shirts , hoodies or one of the other items here or click at the image below.