San Antonio. Chile. Statement by Claudio Bravo, the prisoner of the revolt is in hunger strike since March 8, 2021.
Compañeros, friends and dear family, today March 8, 2021 at 00:00 hours, I started an indefinite hunger strike along with 2 friends Carlos Campos Zarate and Thomas Campos Zarate, who are accused of common crimes and have had problems in their judicial process, as well as being accused of crimes that they did not commit and being victims of poor police procedure that also involves concealment of a third party.
For my part, my personal strike will be established for the following reasons:
- Repeated postponements on dates of judgments and extended deadlines.
- Non-existent precautionary measures such as total home arrest.
- Nullifying the possibility of clarifying case / defense until fulfilling the trial date.
- Evidence of the case with low quality tests against us.
- Little objectivity of research regarding the alleged crimes committed and approach to evidence with clear prejudices. In addition to the bad detention and torture procedure.
Therefore, I demand that date of an objective judgment for next April 5, not to be postponed.
I request total home arrest while waiting for trial, allowing a better communication with our lawyer and also consider the request for my compañero Jordano Santander Riquelme.
Claudio Andres Bravo Cabello
Imputed collective one
Companions waiting to have their dissemination and support in my decision to give seriousness to our prison situation, I ask you to share my publication. I had prepared a video to accompany the strike and explain in more detail the situation but I was unable to upload it (when I have access to a cell phone, I will share it). The compañero Jordano could not adhere to this strike for his medical treatment on his back. I ask to understand my decision and support it. Thanks compañeros, until victory for all and freedom for all political prisoners!!!