This week on the show we are pleased to present an interview with María Kamila, who is a teacher and a popular journalist who works with the anarchist Colombian journalism and counter-information collective in Bogotá called Subversión.
Originally published by The Final Straw Radio.
We originally reached out to talk about the current wave of protests and riots in Colombia, and this interview covers many topics, ranging from a historical contextualization of the current moment, who are on the front lines of the protests, Indigenous solidarity with anarchist accomplices via the Minga – which is a pre-colonial term for collaboration, meeting or communal action – , and many more topics.
Much thanks to our comrades at Radio Kurruf, doing anarchist media in the Biobío bio-region of so-called Chile in occupied Wallmapu, for putting us into touch with Subversión.
- Transcript – pending
- PDF (unimposed) – pending
- Zine (imposed PDF) – pending
Paypal donations for supporting frontline protestors: firstname.lastname@example.org
Further reading and research topics:
- [00:20:00] min Mention of Carlos Pizarro Leongómez of 19th April Movement, assassinated Guerrillero
- [00:24:00] minutes Minister of Finance Alberto Carrasquilla Barrera who was forced to resign
- [00:28:00] minutes Guarda de Cauca , an ongoing struggle of Indigenous people fighting for land sovereignty
- [00:40:00] minutes: Minga (or Minka), Indigenous, pre-colonial term for collaboration, meeting or communal action
Good articles in English:
- “Colombia Has Lost It’s Fear” by CrimethInc (2021-10-5)
- “National Strike in Colombia” by AMW (2021-10-17)
- “Instead We Became Millions” by CrimethInc (2021-05-20)
- Talkin : Indie Punk Rock Instrumental – Morgan Matthews, edited by William
- Cuerpos de Paz – CHAOSTRECORDS