Originally published by The Final Straw Radio.
This week on The Final Straw, we’re featuring a recent conversation with anarchist author and activist, Peter Gelderloos about his latest book, “The Solutions Are Already Here: Strategies For Ecological Revolution From Below”, published by Pluto Press in 2022. For the hour we speak about critiques of science and Western Civilization that Peter levels, as well as the centrality of struggling on the ground we stand on, creating autonomous infrastructure, resisting colonial extractivism and the need for imagination and care as we tear down this ecocidal system.
Peter has prior authored such books as “Anarchy Works”, “How Non-Violence Protects The State”, and “Worshiping Power”, and you can find a number of his essays up on TheAnarchistLibrary.Org. You can also hear our interviews with Peter here: https://thefinalstrawradio.noblogs.org/post/category/peter-gelderloos/
- Anti-Pipeline Interviews
- Resisting Nuclear Waste Storage in Bure, France
- Resistance to AMLO Mega Projects in Mexico
- Protecting Khimki Forest in Moscow
- Interviews about ZAD to block airport expansion in NDDL, France
- An interview about the ZAD du Testet
- Resisting a new airport in Yogyakarta, Indonesia
- Tiny House Warriors
- Gidimt’en Access Point
- Mel Bazil on Unist’ot’en
- Resisting Gold Mine in Chalkadiki, Greece
- Serbian Resistance to Hydroelectric Dams
- No-TAV struggle in northern Italy
- Likhts’amisyu resistance to colonialism in so-called Canada
- Ecological struggles from PATIKA by DAF in Turkey, which is part 2 alongside of part 1 of our discussion with DAF
- Resisting the destruction of Hambacher Forest in Germany
- Errekaleor Bizirik squatted neighborhood in Euskadi
- and more…
Call In For Eric King continues
Anarchist and antifascist political prisoner, Eric King, has been transferred from Grady County Jail (where we spoke to him from for our April 3rd episode) to USP Lee in southwestern Virginia where he and his loved ones are afraid he will be put into solitary and attacked where there will be no witnesses. This comes directly after he won a trial against the federal Bureau of Prisons showing that he had been set up and punished for false reasons, subjected to obvious acts of petty and not so petty vengeance by the corrections officers, and in spite of the fact that his security level should have him at a medium security facility rather than a high security like Lee. There is a continued call-in campaign that his supporters are asking y’all to participate in. You can find more information in the show notes or at SupperEricKing.org as well as on the twitter, facebook and instagram pages for the under the name @SupportEricKing.
May Day is coming up real quick, y’all. The first of May has been known as a festival of spring bounty from pagan times in Europe, and has been celebrated by anarchists, socialists, communists and labor activists to commemorate the 1886 struggle for the power of workers against the capitalists and state and the remember the Haymarket Martyrs. We have a couple of episodes featuring content about May Day that we’ll link here, but this is just a quick note to find other comrades and fellow travelers this May Day, there may be something going on in your area. And if there isn’t, maybe you can organize an event with you friends!