If you’re wondering what you can do to help support antifa comrades in prison on July 25th – The International Day of Solidarity with Antifascist Prisoners, here are some ideas:
Originally published by Support Antifa Prisoners.
1.Do a banner hang.
(wanna know how to make a kick-ass banner? Click here!)
2. Put up posters around your neighbourhood or school. Here’s two pdf’s we have that you can download & print:
3. Raise money to support antifascist prisoners and their families. Putting on a fundraising event for July 25th and donating the proceeds to support antifascist prisoners and their families is a very good way to show appreciation & solidarity. Every year for #j25antifa, Antifa International does an online sale of “Support Antifa Prisoners” t-shirts (designed by a former antifa prisoner!), and donates the proceeds to the antifascists currently locked up (you’ll find a list of them and information about how to contact their support groups here!). We also run a standing fund that provides support to antifascist prisoners and their families throughout the year, which you can make a contribution to here.
4. Take a solidarity photo. See below for some awesome examples & be sure to send us (firstname.lastname@example.org) any photos you take!
5. Write to antifascist prisoners. Nothing is better when you’re locked up than receiving mail! You can send letters or postcards to the antifascist prisoners on our list or participate in Rose City Antifa’s Postcards to Prisoners campaign or hold a letter-writing party with your friends!
6. Dedicate an action to these comrades. The only limit to what you can pull off on July 25th is your imagination!
Remember that together, we can create a flow of solidarity that strengthens our ties to one another and creates a culture of resistance that can withstand the inevitable tides of repression. These comrades are in there for us, so we are out here for them!