On November 23rd Cars of Hope will travel to Ukraine again. In this contribution you will find information about the current situation, a new flyer and a new list with items that are needed in Ukraine.
This will be our 6th mission to Ukraine. In the past months we have brought a lot of medical supplies, food and other items which are urgently needed to Ukraine.
No electricity, no water
We have witnessed that every time we have been in Ukraine, the suffering has increased. The war continues, and a few weeks ago the Russian army stepped up its bombardments of civilian infrastructure. As a result, more and more people have no electricity. In some regions, there is no tap water anymore.
In the past weeks, we have talked a lot with the people we work with in Ukraine. They know the people, the current situation and the territory well. For this reason, we always coordinate our work in Ukraine with them. So far, we have focused on medicines, bandages and medical equipment. After the last online meetings with our friends from Help War Victims UA, we decided together that we will expand the type of aid we will transport to Ukraine.
In our flyer (and below) you will find a list of in-kind donations that are needed. Some of the new items on the list are related to the growing number of people who are without electricity and water.
As the demand for relief goods is constantly increasing, we also need to increase our transport capacities. In order to be able to do that, we need another van. This would increase our possibilities considerably. With another van we can transport more aid to Ukraine and in view of the growing need this is absolutely necessary. So we also ask you to donate money so that we can buy a used van and additional medical equipment for people in Ukraine.
We would like to thank you in advance and thank all those who have supported our work so far. Without your support our work would not be possible.
Bank account for donations
Name of the bank: Volksbank Bergisches Land – Account holder: Hopetal e.V.
Description: Cars of Hope
IBAN: DE51 3406 0094 0002 9450 87 – BIC: VBRSDE33XXX
Donations in kind: Current list with items that people in Ukraine urgently need
- Autonomous solar systems (with large batteries for power storage – Power Stations)
- Flashlights (USB charging capability)
- Headlamps (USB charging capability)
- Water purification tablets
- Water purification systems
- Rescue Blankets
- Arctic Baby Wraps – rescue blankets for babies
- Dressing material (trauma bandages)
- Surgical staples (suture clips)
- Disposable scalpels (single-use)
- Trauma scissors and/or medical rescue scissors
- Hemostatic gauze bandages & medical compresses
- Occlusive band-aid
- Medical backpacks (filled – tac-med)
- Cervical spine splints (to stabilize the cervical spine)
- Sterile examination and treatment gloves
- Medical disinfectant wipes (hand disinfection)
- Junctional Tourniquets (A special type of Tourniquet. It is used for prehospital treatment of blast injuries in the groin area where normal tourniquets cannot be used. A Junctional Tourniquet can be used to compress the femoral artery or the abdominal aorta).
- Burnshield burn face mask
- Burnshield Contour Compresses to treat large area burns
- Burnshield emergency kit (burn care)
- Chest Seals (Dressing for open chest wounds)
- Body armor plates (at least protection class NIJ III, protection class NIJ IV would be better)
- Body armor vests for NIJ III and NIJ IV plates
If you would like to contribute any of the items of the list above please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sharepic in PDF format: here – Sharepic in PNG format: